Friday, January 26, 2007

More Profitable Clients

From Barbara Bruno

Dear Jim,

Barb: I need to develop a more profitable client base for myself. The clients I have are not hiring and as I'm making marketing presentations, it seems most companies do not use the services of a search firm. Do you find that true? What percentage of companies actually utilize the services of a search firm? Do you have any ideas how to attract new clients? Pam, Biloxi, MI

Pam: When you are making your initial marketing presentation to prospective clients and they tell you they don't utilize the services of a search firm - often they "mean" they are not using "YOU!" There is no trust, there is no relationship established and often they don't want to "break in" a new recruiter. There have been many estimates on what percentage of hiring authorities utilize our services. Believe me, there are more than enough clients who realize the benefits of utilizing search firms.

If you need more profitable clients it's important for you to represent the companies your candidates want to work for. Ask every candidate you interview to list their top five companies and you will hear certain ones repeated. Those are the companies you want to target for your marketing presentation.

ONE effective marketing presentation: "I would normally be making this call to one of my top clients, but the person I'm representing listed your company as their #1 choice and I didn't want the fact that I don't currently represent you, to prevent you from interviewing this caliber of talent (Now list two or three strong GRABBERS on this candidate) You want to ask OPEN-ENDED questions - where the response can not be "yes" or "no." Follow up your grabbers with benefits and features, and be ready to overcome at least three objections. When would it be convenient for us to set up an interview?

If they don't want to interview this person, you have shown them a sampling of the caliber of talent you represent and are now involved in a conversation. You can then ask them what type of position does represent their greatest hiring challenge.

Most hiring authorities have learned that they can get the majority of recruiters off the phone if they merely say they don't utilize our services! Don't be one of those recruiters, overcome at least three objections and keep emphasizing the BENEFITS to the client if they utilize your services. Always address their "what's in it for me" and you will identify new clients to represent. Remember objections are "buying signs and requests for more information."

I have many unique marketing scripts and ideas in my book "The clients you select can make or break your future." If you are interested go to http://www.recruitingmarketing.com

Thanks!
Barb Bruno, CPC www.staffingandrecruiting.com

PS. If you'd like to send me a Success Story, Question or Comment, follow these guidelines:

1. Keep it short and to the point. Two paragraphs max.

2. Tell me what's working for you before you ask your questions. Give me specifics because this could help other recruiters to see what's working in different situations.

3. If you have a Success Story, write 'Success Story' in the subject line of the email, I read these first.

4. At the end of your email, give me your initials and tell me where you're from.

5. Send it to me at: support@staffingandrecruiting.com

Barb Bruno - Good As Gold Training, Inc.

Offers are brought to you by:
Good As Gold Training, Inc.
35 E. Wacker Drive #1052
Chicago, IL 60601

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home